Staying motivated is not always easy. I for one have been reminded how challenging it is since trying to get myself into a fitness routine. Yet, with my blog, staying motivated has always been relatively easy. Excluding those really cold days that I still have to go outside and take photos! Ha! It’s also not easy to look past things like the Instagram algorithm or stress over things like net neutrality and how it will affect my online business. But I remind myself these are things I can’t control. So I focus my enegery on what I can control. My images, content, online presence and connection with you. When it comes to fitness it feels like I can’t control anything.
I’ve been working on not saying that I hate working out. The truth is I don’t hate it, I hate waking up at 5:15 a.m. to go to the gym, I hate blow drying my hair after my shower, I don’t like feeling sore but working out, eh, it’s not so bad. I did cheerleading and gymnastics for a large chunk of my life, so it’s not like I’m not athletic. So why does working out seem to suck so much for me?
We all have things in our life we’d rather not do. Maybe it’s writing a paper or a certain aspect of your job that you just don’t like, but how do you keep your focus on the bigger picture? The first thing you must know is how this thing you have to do affects what you’re trying to accomplish. I workout because I want to feel better, it’s good for my health and it makes me feel more comfortable and confident in my body. If you’re not sure why you’re continuing to do something that you don’t want to do, you should reevaluate why you’re still doing it.
5 Tips on Staying Motivated That Will Change Your Life:
- Take breaks. When I’m constantly creating content for my blog and I’m not seeing growth, it’s easy to get discouraged. Taking a step back and giving myself the time to rest is just what I need to get motivated again.
- Don’t compare. In any aspect of your life, the worst thing you can do is compare yourself or your situation to someone else’s. You never truly know where someone else’s progress has come from or has cost them, so just focus on you.
- Go easy on yourself. Holding yourself accountable can be productive and motivating if done for a brief period of time, but beating yourself up constantly is not a way to stay motivated. We’re all human, we make mistakes, don’t beat yourself up so much it makes you want to stop trying.
- Give credit. Look back on how far you’ve come and give yourself credit for your accomplishments. Sometimes the most motivation comes from looking back on how far you’ve come.
- Change it up. Don’t be afraid to try attacking your goals in a new way. A lot of the same can get boring. Even if your methods are working, it’s good to change it up if you’re feeling unmotivated. Something new may be just what you need to really excel.
The ritual of consistently following all these tips will change your life. You have to want to be motivated and be willing to work for what you want. My final tip is to focus on the good. For me that’s not thinking about all the things that make me not want to go to the gym. I put those thoughts out of my head and focus on the goal!
What helps you keeps you motivated and your eye on the prize? Comment below!
Only here for the fashion? That’s totally ok!
Shop my look here:
These unpublished jeans are so comfortable. I also have them in a great dark wash that I styled a few weeks ago. On top of the comfort and fit, I’m wearing my regular size 25, the price is also amazing for a quality pair of jeans! I’ve also been into t-shirts lately. Hashtag lazy style queen? Ha! But I’m loving all these comfortable stylish pieces. If you love chic casual outfits, definitely grab yourself some graphic tees! You can wear them year round.