Jacket: ASOS (old) love this dark silver version
Sweater: Urban Outfitters (sold out) check out this bold green stripe
Scarf: Free People
Grommet Leggings: Lysse, love this style too. Wearing regular size, small.
Shoes: Marc Fisher
Bag: Celine, affordable style
Is your least favorite item to go shopping for sunglasses [after bathing suits obvi]? That used to be me too. I DESPISED sunglass shopping. It was always so overwhelming and after a while of trying on, every pair started to look horrible on my face. Champagne problems, I know. But if you’re here and still reading I know you can relate to the “struggle”. So, how did I become the type of person who orders even trendy sunglasses on the internet without even trying them on?! I’m spilling all my secrets today!
Trendy Sunglasses Tips to Shop Online:
- Know the sizing of your favorite pair. This helps me every time! When I found the perfect oversized round sunglasses I went online, found the measurements and saved the information in my notes on my phone! When I think a pair may be too big, wide, or small I compare the measurements to my favorite pair!
- Go for the inexpensive pair. Yes, those Prada sunnies are cool but when they’re totally lame next year what are you going to do with them? Especially when there are so many similar alternatives!
- What trend are you looking for? Even if you’re shopping online you should have an idea of what you want. Is it cat eye? Oval? Transparent lens? Yellow lens? Plastic?? Have an idea. If you know what style sunglasses look great on your face you can start there.
- Virtual try on. I love to check Frames Direct if I’m still unsure how a pair is going to fit my face.
- Don’t obsess over those shape of your face sunglass finder charts. I’ve been there. And the truth is I think everyone’s face shape is different and doesn’t necessarily fit into a category. It’s also kind of hard to decide exactly what shape your face is. The virtual try-on is so much better.
Sunglasses in the Winter months complete an outfit. I love experimenting with edgier more out-there styles because my outfits are usually covered by a chunky jacket. Fun, statement sunglasses can really vamp up your look. Some of my go-to brands are Quay, Diff and the smaller brands on Amazon! I find so many amazing pairs there and they come right to my door in two days. Now that’s a win.
Shop Trendy Sunglasses under $100:
Shop my look: