Layering doesn’t come easy for all, so I’m here to make it easy! Have you ever found yourself in a mosh of clothing, with way too many items on that don’t work together? Same. So, now that you’ve destroyed your closet (that it took you all day Saturday to organize) what do you do? Well, if it’s 8:00am have some coffee, after 5:00pm, wine and get yourself together. Because it’s no secret that laying totally ups your style game.
Now follow these tips to become the ultimate layering babe:
- Start with neutrals. It’s not easy to match colors, prints and textures for a regular outfit, never mind layering.
- Wide sleeves FTW (“for the win”, that’s mostly for my mom, hi mom!) A cool white wide sleeve shirt will look good under almost anything!
- Work with different lengths. Bring out those cropped sweaters and pair them with that white wide sleeve blouse! You’ve got to be able to see all the cool pieces you’re wearing.
- Don’t look bulky. Start with lightweight items (think those summer blouses) then add those oversized chunky knits!
- Say yes to tights under boyfriend jeans. Because chic.
- Wear your leather jacket under your oversized wool coat. Promise it will look fab.
I hope these tips help you!