No matter how much I eat… my shoes still fit!
I’m pleading to you. PLEASE retire your dirty old white sneakers and those moccasin slippers that really shouldn’t be worn outside the house. [side note: I’m guilty too] Why commuter shoes? I’m focusing on the commuter shoe because if I can wear it all day into and out of the city then it’s solid shoe for any day of your life!
Since I started working in New York City about a year and a half ago, my wardrobe has gone through a major shoe transformation. It’s hard to not want to wear your comfy old faithful shoes out of the house [you know the ones I’m talking about]. They’re easy to slip on and you don’t care if they get dirty… because they probably are already filthy. But as a fashion blogger I can’t be caught in my good ole faithfuls ever! They actually need to go in the trash but I’m not ready to give them up yet, ha! As a commuter and someone who works in New York City, it’s necessary I have very comfortable shoes to wear. So, I decided to round up the best, best, best shoes for your everyday life. And trust, you won’t be a bit embarrassed to wear them.
Think metallic, colors, textured sneakers. Not your basic white kicks. My favorite? Kenneth Cole star sneaker.
Slides and Mules
I love slides and mules because, in the simplest terms, they don’t have backs. When the back of my shoes fail to be comfortable and can sometimes make blisters after a long walk, slides are way more comfortable. My favorite? Kristin Cavallari Mules.
Combat booties, pointed toes and more. My favorite? Marc Fisher Yale booties.
Don’t have laces and are way more comfortable than a traditional flat. My favorite? Mango heel loafers.
If you must wear heels, keep these bad boys in your bag! They’re also comfortable and chic and great to wear as an everyday shoe. Plus you can use my code ‘SIMONES20’ for 20% off your first order!
You are either in your bed, or in your shoes,
so it pays to invest in both.
Tips for shopping my Top 5 Commuter Shoes:
- Remember shoes are made for an average foot. When I order online, if I’ve never tried the brand before I order two sizes. The websites I’ve linked all have amazing shipping and return polices to make your life easy.
- Don’t spend a lot. Although my Gucci loafers are very comfortable I would never wear them to commute into the city or run a days full for errands.
- Own two different kinds of these shoes. Sneakers don’t match everything, so get a secondary more stylish shoe to wear with a more elevated outfit.
- Go for the darker color and durable material. Suede is great but isn’t easy to wear and white gets dirty quick. Metallics are a great stylist in-between.
- Make sure they are easy to put on. Look for combat boots that zip up rather than tie up and shoes that have a slightly wider fit.
Life is short, buy the shoes.
Lord & Taylor: Use code COLUMBUS. Take 20% off regular & sale items; 25% off regular & sale shoes & boots; 15% off cookware, tabletop, bed & bath now through October 9th.
Bloomingdales: Use code FRIENDS. Take 25% off a great selection of items. Take 20% off almost all Designer Fine Jewelry, Cookware, Gadgets, and Electrics now through October 9th.
Macys: Use code STYLE. Extra 25%, 20%, 15% OR 10% OFF select departments and Free Shipping at $49.